Friday, September 28, 2012

French Toast Bake (made with canned cinnamon rolls!)

My husband, Sam, is obsessed with french toast. I am not so much of a fan. But I do love cinnamon rolls. I found a recipe on Pillsbury's website for a cinnamon french toast bake using their cinnamon rolls. I changed it up a little bit to make it easier and not as sweet.



Ingredients:
2 cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls (the regular size, not the jumbo ones)
1 tbsp. butter (melted)
5 eggs
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup of milk
Maple Syrup

Directions:
1. Coat 13 x 9 baking pan with non-stick spray.

2. Open both cans of cinnamon rolls and set aside the icing for later.

3. Cut each cinnamon roll into 8 bite sized pieces and put into baking pan.

4. Combine eggs, milk, melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla into a bowl and mix until well blended.

5. Pour mixture over cinnamon roll pieces and drizzle with maple syrup.

6. Bake for 30 mins at 375 degrees. Let cool for 5 minutes and top with icing from cinnamon roll cans.

Serve and enjoy! My husband usually adds peanut butter, powdered sugar and more syrup as toppings. I eat it just as it is, your choice. I hope you like it =)


Oh... and sorry for going a little overboard with the pictures. I got a new camera as an anniversary gift and I have been practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment